Sunday, October 17, 2010

Fish Back Home

     It was around 10:40 a.m. and I was walking with my classmate and friend Justin looking for more things to take pictures of for my drift project. It wasn't that great of a day since it was windy, cloudy, and quiet early in the morning. At first I was taking random pictures to see what I could get for my drifting project. While walking down the river i see a silver looking thing. At first I glanced at it paying barely any attention to it and thinking nothing of it. Then as we started to get closer I started to see it more and more clear. Of course I still didn't give it my full attention since my eyes were going all over downtown looking at everything that crossed my eye. Then my friend and I finally approached it and we both stared at it for about five minutes. There were so many questions and thoughts that crossed my head as well as his. We ended up both looking at each other with a confused look. It took me quiet some time to begin to think about what the public art work meant. Even though I knew it probably meant something so different from what I interpreted it still made my think of back home from where I am from. The ocean so beautiful and clear that the fish seemed to look at and smile. This made me miss home so much and made me really want to go back and visit. The picture I am posting below was first intended to be funny on facebook but it came out to mean something so much more.




Fish Lips :)

No comments:

Post a Comment